- As part of the Solar Walk project, a photovoltaic solar sidewalk has been constructed at the Virginia Science Technology Campus of George Washington University.
- The project is only 100 square feet, but still qualifies as a step towards solar walkways.
- The designers of this walkway will be evaluating how the walkway performs under various real-world conditions.
- The walkway can generate 400 watts of power (maximum) from 27 semi-transparent, slip-resistant, glass solar panels.
- The solar walkway is designed to withstand 882 pounds (400 kg) of weight, according to Onyx Solar.